Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 8

Yesterday, Tandem gave a tour of the Plaza Mayor (pronounced My-your and not like a politician). It is like a "square." It has statues and a fountain in the middle and then restaurants and shops around. After the tour, a professor took us out for drinks. I tried sangria (think wine cooler). It was pretty good. After that, the American kids went out to eat at a ristorante italiana. I only had dessert because I had already eaten. Then today was a normal day. It is not even worth it to talk about school. I mean, what can I say? It's school. Erica came back to my house to "study." Then we went to the Museo de Prado. It is the most famous museum in Spain and one of the most famous museums in Europe. I saw Velazquez, El Greco, and Goya. Amazing is the best word I can think of right now. My favorite was Las Meninas. I had always heard how big it was and how much better it is in person, but nothing can describe looking at the real thing. I have studied this painting in 3 classes, so I know a lot about it, but it is just so amazing. Erica said that she would love to have one of the paintings in her house, but I know that I don't have a wall big enough to put this one on. I am going to have to go back because I didn't get to see everything I wanted to see this time. I still need to see Rafael. Then there is a Sorolla exhibit I want to go see, but I am going to have to go when I have a lot of time because there is always a line of about 100 people. P.S. If you don't know what artists I am talking about, research it because it is very interesting. I am starting to get used to the food. And Madrid in general. I only got lost once today.

No comments:

Post a Comment