Thursday, August 27, 2009

Arrival

I just arrived at my hotel that I am going to be staying at for 3 days. The plane ride was okay. The first one was a small plane, and I felt every bump. Then, we had a five hour layover in Philadelphia which ended up being six hours. Fun *sarcasm. Erica and I just walked around the airport, got something to eat, but the internet connection was so bad that we couldn't get on. We landed in Madrid at about 8:30ish. I only slept about 4 hours on the plane because I was sitting straight up and there were noises and lights and too many distractions. Madrid is huge. The hotel we are staying at is within walking distance of the museo del Prado. We also passed the congress building and Starbucks. There are six people in the program that I am doing. I think one other person is here, and the other three are getting here about 1:30. So I am going to take a nap and then wake up when the other people get here so we can go grab some lunch. There is a six hour difference, everything is in metric, I have to convert to euros and no one here understands the concept of blinkers and right-of-ways (especially motorcycles). It will take a while to get used to, but it's going to be so much fun doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment